Sensory Friendly Performances
PRESENTED BY FIRST STAGE THEATER
Enjoy a performance where families with children who need sensory accommodations can share the experience of seeing family-friendly theater in a welcoming environment.
Sensory Friendly performance accommodations include:
- Smaller audience size
- Reduction of loud or jarring sounds
- Reductions in flashing or strobe lights
- Modification of the house lights during the performance
- Accommodated house rules: audience members are free to talk or move during the show
- An opportunity to see the actors in costume prior to the performance
- Quiet areas available, staffed by educators experienced with the care of students with Autism or with other developmental disabilities
- Patrons are welcome to use sensory items such as noise-cancelling headphones or fidgets in the theater during the performance
- TV monitors available in the Todd Wehr Theater lobby from which to view the performance, should an audience member need to leave the theater during the performance
- Money back guarantee: If you realize before the performance that a trip to the theater will not be ideal for your family on that day, we will offer a ticket exchange to another performance of your choice or a refund of your ticket purchase.
Tickets for the 2023/2024 Season’s Sensory Friendly Performances are now on sale!
$10 with code: ASSEW24 (a 35% savings for our Friends & Family)
Order by phone at (414) 267-2961, weekdays 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.,
or online by clicking the link to the performance of your choice.