First Stage - Sensory Friendly Performance of The Hobbit Great for families with young children! Tickets are $10 with code: ASSEW22
First Stage – Sensory Friendly Performance of
Great for families with young children!
Tickets are $10 with code: ASSEW22 (a 35% savings for our Friends & Family)
These performances feature a welcoming environment including lower sound, lights up, and available quiet areas staffed by educators experienced with the care of students with autism and other developmental differences.
Sensory Friendly performance accommodations include:
- Smaller audience size
- Reduction of loud or jarring sounds
- Reductions in flashing or strobe lights
- Modification of the house lights during the performance
- Accommodated house rules: audience members are free to talk or move during the show.
- An opportunity to see the actors in costume prior to the performance.
- Quiet areas available, staffed by educators experienced with the care of students on the autism spectrum or with other developmental disabilities.
- Patrons are welcome to use sensory items such as noise-cancelling headphones or fidgets in the theater during the performance.
- Social stories that outline the experience at the theater available; show-specific social stories created closer to the performance date.
- TV monitors available in the Todd Wehr Theater lobby from which to view the performance, should an audience member need to leave the theater during the performance.
- No Sensory Friendly Kits available for this performance so please brings your headphones from home if you need them!
(Saturday) 3:30 pm - 5:00 pm
First Stage Milwaukee Youth Arts Center
325 W. Walnut St., Milwaukee, WI 53212