01dec7:00 pm8:00 pmCharlie Brown Christmas at First Stage Theater
Join Charlie Brown, Snoopy, and the rest of the Peanuts gang as they learn the true meaning of Christmas. Do not miss this opportunity!
Attention: Autism Society SE WI Members:
Come home for the holidays with First Stage and this treasured holiday classic. Everyone is giddy with Christmas cheer, but Charlie Brown has the Yuletide blues. Will directing the Christmas play help him get in the spirit of the season?
This is one holiday gift the entire family will treasure.
RUNTIME – Approx. 60 minutes, no intermission.
AGE RECOMMENDATION – Suggested for families with young people ages 4+
Enjoy a performance where families with children who need sensory accommodations can share the experience of seeing family-friendly theater. This special event is offered to Autism Society SE WI members only.
These performances feature a welcoming environment including lower sound, lights up, and available quiet areas staffed by educators experienced with the care of students with autism and other developmental differences.
Sensory Friendly performance accommodations include:
- Smaller audience size
- Reduction of loud or jarring sounds
- Reductions in flashing or strobe lights
- Modification of the house lights during the performance
- Accommodated house rules: audience members are free to talk or move during the show.
- An opportunity to see the actors in costume prior to the performance.
- Quiet areas available, staffed by educators experienced with the care of students on the autism spectrum or with other developmental disabilities.
- Patrons are welcome to use sensory items such as noise-cancelling headphones or fidgets in the theater during the performance.
- Social stories that outline the experience at the theater available; show-specific social stories created closer to the performance date.
- TV monitors available in the Todd Wehr Theater lobby from which to view the performance, should an audience member need to leave the theater during the performance.
- No Sensory Friendly Kits available for this performance so please brings your headphones from home if you need them!
Please note that only five individuals can sit together in consecutive seats. Groups larger than five will have to sit separately.
Ticket Exchange: If you realize before the performance that a trip to the theater will not be ideal for your family on that day, First Stage will offer a ticket exchange to another performance of your choice.
Please review our COVID-19 Safety Protocols as you plan your return to live theater performances. https://www.firststage.org/plan-your-visit/safety-security/
Tickets will be mailed up until four days before performance. Make arrangements to stop by the office to pick up your tickets or grab them at the show by meeting an ASSEW Representative if you order after 11/27/2021.
(Wednesday) 7:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Marcus Performing Art Center Todd Wehr Theater
929 North Water Street, Milwaukee, WI 53202
Comments are closed.