Events by this organizer
24mar6:00 pm8:00 pmConcordia University/Autism Society SE WI Teen Hang Out Night
Teens with Autism can join Concordia University students for an evening of games, friends and food in the Field House at Concordia.
2023 Date(s): March 24 and Fall TBD
Fun evening at Concordia for teens with Autism. Come hang out with Concordia University students in the Field House and adjacent rooms on the Concordia Campus.
Enjoy activities including board games, pizza* and snacks.
*Note to parents: If your child has dietary restrictions, please provide an alternate snack for them to eat.
Free Community Program this year!
(Friday) 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm CST
12800 North Lake Shore Drive Field House Building, Mequon, WI 53097
06may3:30 pm5:00 pmBob Marley's Three Little Birds at First Stage Theater
First Stage - Sensory Friendly Performance of Bob Marley's Three Little Birds Great for families with young children! Tickets are
First Stage – Sensory Friendly Performance of
Bob Marley’s Three Little Birds
Great for families with young children!
Tickets are $10 with code: ASSEW22 (a 35% savings for our Friends & Family)
These performances feature a welcoming environment including lower sound, lights up, and available quiet areas staffed by educators experienced with the care of students with autism and other developmental differences.
Sensory Friendly performance accommodations include:
- Smaller audience size
- Reduction of loud or jarring sounds
- Reductions in flashing or strobe lights
- Modification of the house lights during the performance
- Accommodated house rules: audience members are free to talk or move during the show.
- An opportunity to see the actors in costume prior to the performance.
- Quiet areas available, staffed by educators experienced with the care of students on the autism spectrum or with other developmental disabilities.
- Patrons are welcome to use sensory items such as noise-cancelling headphones or fidgets in the theater during the performance.
- Social stories that outline the experience at the theater available; show-specific social stories created closer to the performance date.
- TV monitors available in the Todd Wehr Theater lobby from which to view the performance, should an audience member need to leave the theater during the performance.
- No Sensory Friendly Kits available for this performance so please brings your headphones from home if you need them!
(Saturday) 3:30 pm - 5:00 pm
Marcus Performing Art Center Todd Wehr Theater
929 North Water Street, Milwaukee, WI 53202
22jun4:00 pm5:30 pmNuevo en el Autismo, presentado en español
Nuevo en el Autismo, presentado en español Gratis para el publico Spanish New To Autism Presentation Virtual Webinar via Zoom Cuarto jueves del mes (trimestral) 4 p.m. - 5:30 p.m. 2023 Fechas: 3/23, 6/22, 9/28, 12/28
Gratis para el publico
Spanish New To Autism Presentation
Webinar via Zoom
Cuarto jueves del mes (trimestral)
4 p.m. – 5:30 p.m.
2023 Fechas: 3/23, 6/22, 9/28, 12/28
2023 Dates: 3/23, 6/22, 9/29, 12/28
This presentation is for Spanish speaking individuals. The event is designed for parents whose children have recently been diagnosed with autism. The session covers basic characteristics of Autism Spectrum Disorders, how families integrate their feelings about having a child with a disability, and how to get started on a path to helping your family support your child.
(Thursday) 4:00 pm - 5:30 pm CST
Future Event Times in this Repeating Event Series
september 28, 2023 4:00 pm